Created in 1961 and established in 1964 under the Office of the President, the Office of Alumni Relations (OAR) serves as the link between the alumni and the rest of the academic community. The OAR seeks to encourage the maximum participation, involvement, support, and commitment of the alumni to the University of the Philippines’ social mission. It assists the UP and its Alumni Association (UPAA) in identifying, cultivating, and involving the alumni in institutional and alumni programs, events and activities. It also represents the UP and the UPAA at institutional and alumni programs, events, and activities both locally, on-and off-campus, and foreign venues whenever possible.
Its objectives include:
- to ensure quality service for the UP and its Alumni
- to actively promote a positive image of the UP to its Alumni
- to maintain the loyalty, goodwill, and support of the Alumni to the University’s programs and projects
- to encourage, facilitate, and enhance professional and social networking between UP, UPAA, and Friends
The UPS-OAR serves as an active link between UP alumni and the rest of the academic community in order to encourage the maximum participation, involvement, support, and commitment of these individuals to the goals and mission of the University of the Philippines (UP).
To effectively act as a liaison between UP and its external publics, especially its alumni — to ensure their active participation, involvement, support and commitment vis-à-vis UP’s social mission.
OAR Services for Alumni
- Maintains Data Bank of Alumni Records
- Recognizes Alumni Achievements
- Collects and Disseminates News/Information
- Assists the UPAA in Fund Campaigns, Homecomings & Reunions, Scholarships, Professorial Chairs & Faculty Grants
- Networks with Alumni Chapters and Friends
- Recruits volunteers, speakers, and leaders
- Maintains and updates The Carillon (the web page of The Carillon Newsletter) as well as the OAR website
- Assists Alumni Institutes, Continuing Education, Extramural Studies, and the Ugnayan ng Pahinungod/Oblation Corps Service Programs
- Establishes government relations network
Our permanent office, which is currently under renovation, is located at the Fonacier Hall, more popularly known as the UP Alumni Center, along R. Magsaysay Ave., UP Diliman, Quezon City, 1101. Our temporary office is located at Rooms 1127-1130, Pavillion I, Palma Hall, Quirino cor. Velasquez, UP Diliman, Quezon City, 1101.
The Citizen’s Charter is available on this LINK.
You may check the process workflows by clicking this LINK.
Office Operations Manual
You may access the Office Operations Manual by clicking this LINK.