The members of the University of the Philippines Alumni Association of Edmonton invite interested parties to apply for grants from our UPAAE-PLACE Grant Fund.
We are interested in supporting academic and educational projects undertaken by individuals and groups whose lives had been and continue to be adversely affected by Typhoon Haiyan, also known in the Philippines as Super Typhoon Yolanda.
We are looking to fund five different projects such as (but not limited to):
● Completion of a degree, diploma, or certification,
● Fulfilment of eligibility requirements to practice a trade or profession,
● Skills development of members of a community or organization to perform better
● Capability build-up for the rehabilitation of affected communities.
We value projects that:
● Improve the quality of life of the underserved and often overlooked members of the community, or
● Encourage community-building, collaboration and cooperation, or
● Raise the level of social awareness and sense of responsibility for the environment, or
● Evoke generosity, optimism, and commitment.
There will be one award of $1,000 and four of $500 each (in Canadian dollars).
The deadline for 2018 applications is Friday, August 10, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time. Applications after this deadline will not be considered.
A Screening Panel will review all project proposals. All applicants will be notified of the results by email on Monday, September 3, 2018. A public announcement of successful awardees will be made thereafter.
For information, contact UPAAE Secretariat, by e-mail [email protected] .