Created in 1961 and established in 1964 under the Office of the President, the Office of Alumni Relations (OAR) serves as the link between the alumni and the rest of the academic community. The OAR seeks to encourage the maximum participation, involvement, support, and commitment of the alumni to the University of the Philippines’ social mission. It assists the UP and its Alumni Association (UPAA) in identifying, cultivating, and involving the alumni in institutional and alumni programs, events and activities. It also represents the UP and the UPAA at institutional and alumni programs, events, and activities both locally, on-and off-campus, and foreign venues whenever possible.
Its objectives include:
- to ensure quality service for the UP and its Alumni
- to actively promote a positive image of the UP to its Alumni
- to maintain the loyalty, goodwill, and support of the Alumni to the University’s programs and projects
- to encourage, facilitate, and enhance professional and social networking between UP, UPAA, and Friends
The UPS-OAR serves as an active link between UP alumni and the rest of the academic community in order to encourage the maximum participation, involvement, support, and commitment of these individuals to the goals and mission of the University of the Philippines (UP).
To effectively act as a liaison between UP and its external publics, especially its alumni — to ensure their active participation, involvement, support and commitment vis-à-vis UP’s social mission.
OAR Services for Alumni
- Maintains Data Bank of Alumni Records
- Recognizes Alumni Achievements
- Collects and Disseminates News/Information
- Assists the UPAA in Fund Campaigns, Homecomings & Reunions, Scholarships, Professorial Chairs & Faculty Grants
- Networks with Alumni Chapters and Friends
- Recruits volunteers, speakers, and leaders
- Maintains and updates The Carillon (the web page of The Carillon Newsletter) as well as the OAR website
- Assists Alumni Institutes, Continuing Education, Extramural Studies, and the Ugnayan ng Pahinungod/Oblation Corps Service Programs
- Establishes government relations network
Our office is located at the Fonacier Hall, more popularly known as the UP Alumni Center, along R. Magsaysay Ave., UP Diliman, Quezon City, 1101.
We may be reached through (02) 929-8226 (telefax) and (02) 981-8500 local 4251 or 4252. You may also email us at [email protected].
You may check the process workflows by clicking this LINK.
Office Operations Manual
You may access the Office Operations Manual by clicking this LINK.
Privacy Notice for Alumni
You may access the Privacy Notice for Alumni by clicking this LINK.
Guidelines on Posting on OAR website
1. All accredited Alumni Associations, OAR in CUs, UP Offices and Individual Alumni may submit their request for posting through email at [email protected]
2. Stories and/or photos must be related related to alumni activities*
3. Photos must be sent with short description
4. Once approved by in charge staff, you will receive the link of the posted material through your email.
What to post in the alumni page:
In Memoriam: UP alumni who passed away
*submitted post must have written permission of any family member
Events Calendar/Projects: Activities of Accredited UP Alumni Associations (local & international) and OAR CUs
*complete details of the program/project/activity with your chapter’s contact information where your intended participants and guests may contact you directly for queries and other concerns
*Brochure/Infographic/Flyer of your event.
News/Announcements: UPAA Awards, Homecoming, UP system projects, Annual Awarding Ceremony
Stories: Featuring the achievements and milestones of UP alumni; and initiatives of OAR in all CUs
Gallery: Photos of visiting Officers from different UPAA chapters with UP Officials, events of OAR in all CUs