Finance Analyst Job Summary & Responsibilities
1. Must be a Certified Public Accountant
2. With or without experience are welcome to apply.
The role of Finance Analyst ensures the financial records are maintained in compliance with the company’s internal control and accounting policies that are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. The Finance Analyst helps the internal and external
stakeholders make better business decisions by providing them with relevant, accurate and timely financial information.
1. Record Keeping: Maintains systematic and chronological records of financial transactions in the accounting system and prepare the financial statements at the end of each accounting period.
2. Financial Reporting/Results Communication: Prepares financial reports that can be used for management reporting, regulatory reporting, budgeting, analysis and other decision-making processes. These reports may also be communicated to investors, stakeholders and other
professionals that play a role in the business. Accounting may also perform certain types of analysis using financial data that is used to assist in making business decisions.
3. Compliance: Responsible for collecting/providing data and ensuring that all financial reporting deadlines are met. Accounting also acts as the management representative during internal and external audit reviews.
4. Internal Control over Financial Reporting: Ascertains that procedures are set-up properly to ensure that financial records are free from material errors. Financial controls may include reconciliations, segregation of duties and adherence with GAAP, all of which are implemented with view toward compliance, fraud and theft prevention.