The ALM specialist reports to the ALM Head, Philippines, and supports the ALM Manager in implementing the overall ALM function of the Company. The position develops, implements, and maintains appropriate ALM practices for all business operations managed by SLF in the Philippines. Moreover, the ALM specialist coordinates with various business functions, and conducts ALM analysis, and prepares various ALM-related reports.
• Knowledge in Actuarial and Financial reporting concepts
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and accuracy and attention to details ∙ Strong interpersonal skill / ability to coordinate and work efficiently with various departments
• Background in asset and liability cash flow projections analysis (experience in life insurance liability cash flow modelling is preferred)
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel Experience in GGY AXIS modelling (or other actuarial modelling software) is preferred
• Degree holder in Actuarial Science, Mathematics/Statistics, or Finance-related course ∙ 3-5 years’ experience in an actuarial role within a life insurance organization. Specialization in ALM / investment related functions is an advantage
• Monitors, identifies, assesses, and report risks associated with ALM, which include interest rate, equity, foreign exchange, credit and liquidity risks.
• Monitors conformance to tolerance limits, escalating breaches, and monitoring of corrective actions to ensure compliance with the requirements of the ALM BGOG.
• Coordinates with other business functions to prepare and consolidate the regular ALM related reports, and provides relevant analysis / commentaries.
• Organizes ALM Working Group (ALMWG) and Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) meetings, which includes preparation of the agenda, deck, and minutes, and monitoring of action items to ensure that ALM issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Maintains a clear understanding of the company’s ALM Policies associated with ALM work (various Investment policies, risk appetite, and stress testing).
• Conducts various ALM analysis to support recommendations and updates to the Portfolio Policies and Parameters, and Investment Strategy Review (includes the regular and ad-hoc updates). This includes understanding the implications to income, reserving, and capital requirements.
• Performs the ALM analysis to support the requirements of IFRS 17 for Sun Life Philippines.
• Performs analysis to support the review of the asset / investment assumptions used for the Canadian IFRS valuation (e.g. equity return and asset default assumptions). ∙ Supports the analysis and identification of ALM risks in the pricing of new products. This includes the analysis required for the pricing under the IFRS 17 framework.
Interested applicants may send their CVs to [email protected]
ALM Specialist Job Description