The University of the Philippines Alumni Association of San Francisco (UPAASF), in partnership with the UP System Office of Student Development Services, is set to launch an online mentoring program for students currently enrolled at UP Diliman.
This first-ever mentoring program matches mentors based in the San Francisco Bay Area with UP college students in the Philippines. These volunteer mentors are experts in their professional fields of interest with long years of experience in their chosen careers.
The initial set of mentors for the pilot program that will be launched on November 8, 2023, include:
- Jim Cortes, a retired UN Advisor;
- Sonia Delen, senior vice president of Bank of America-Global Leasing;
- Rosario “Chato” Calderon, SCORE-SF co-chair;
- Lety Quizon, a graduate school professor of Marketing and Communications in the US and a nonprofit marketing expert;
- Simeon Y. Godinez, Salesforce Software Development manager;
- Eric Golangco, Construction and Civil engineer;
- Mica Viray, Workforce Analytics manager;
- and Zigfred Viray, Senior Software Applications engineer.
Once paired, mentors and their UP student mentees will participate in dynamic design thinking sessions. The program will help mentees carve out personalized career paths, evaluate and leverage career opportunities, and develop and commit to an action plan to support their career goals. They will use digital platforms to foster vibrant interaction and information exchange, creating a welcoming environment for mentoring and goal achievement.
The UPAASF Mentoring Program is one of the innovative programs of its Education Committee and was created to provide guidance to UP mentees as they navigate their careers, explore new career paths, and find options to further their education and training.
For more information on this program, please visit upaasf.org or contact the UP OSDS at [email protected] or 89818500, extension 8779.